Sunday, September 23, 2007

Gain More Traffic by Writing Guest Posts


A blog is not a blog without traffic.

This is a fact that we consider as our golden rule in blogging. Its like pouring all your emotions in to a poem that you feel so strongly about and yet, nobody reads it. How do you intend people to appreciate it if no one sees it?

That's why im not a fan of making diaries. Theyre completely a waste of time. Id rather appear on National TV and talk about how I feel to let others know it and why i feel like it. This is way better than writing on a piece of paper and let history consume it.

Ive previously written about getting more traffic to a blog or site and to put it plainly, It never did the job (that well at least). After a month of existence, i came to retire to the notion that blog directories just dont give you sufficient traffic to make money online. I only apply to some of the high-ranked blog directories for PR purposes only and the traffic generated from them are nothing more than mere bonuses. So, i tried a better approach in making it big on traffic.

Writing Guest Posts is a sure Winner.

Ive read some interesting articles about this topic and when i knew that one of my most visited blogs, CarlOcab, is hosting a guest post feature, i didnt have second thoughts about giving it a go.

So i made my research rituals prior to making the post, gathered ideas from friends and made my post. It's entitled "How Paris Hilton Taught People to Earn Money Online" and you can check it out here. If you have any comments about this post, give me a high five, a critic, or a choke on the neck by commenting on this post. Let me know what you think. And you know, im gradually becoming a fan of healthy criticisms.

How My First Guest Post Affected My Traffic


After my first day, i decided to make a post of it and well, here it goes. Based from the ever reliable Google Analytics, my visits increased up to two folds my regular visits for the last five days. Now if your a blogger, you know your going somewhere rewarding when you get these kind of stats. Here's the illustration of my recent visits:
As you can see, the effect of this single post on another blog causes a dramatic increase in your traffic and what's so rewarding about it is that, its a continuous stream that would last as long as the other blog would exist. Thanks to the inventor of archiving. So you can expect this to be on a pattern for days. As time would pass, this will continue to generate traffic to you though not as dramatic on the first day. I will analyze the stats after a week or so and get back to you on what happened.

What's My Take?

I should say that making guest posts is an effective way of increasing your blog traffic. Its like hitting two birds with one stone: you get traffic from the blog and as a bonus, you also get a backlink to your site. Now imagine if you write like 3 or 4 guest posts a month to well known blogs, just imagine how your blog would grow by each month and how much traffic you will get. That only means more $$$!

Just note that what you submit as your post would tell much about you and your blog. So make sure its a post well-written and well prepared for. I humbly accept this mistake when i made this first guest post. But its an experience to grow up with and the next time I submit one, you can be 100% sure its flawless. I suggest you avoid making the mistake i did by putting more effort on editing and re-editing.

Thats it! I hope you enjoy this post and do come back for more tips from Kirbitz.


Like this post? Add me to your faves and ill do the same.Add to Technorati Favorites




Source: Make money with Kirby

No comments:

Template designed by Butanido - 2007