Sunday, September 23, 2007

MySpace & Building your business

It is important to find ways to get your website out in front of people. Not everyone will be interested in whatever it is that you have to offer, but the more people that go to your site, the better response rate you will have. Not rocket science now is it?

MySpace is definitely one way of getting lots of people to know about you and what you are doing. You can find long lost friends and family, make new friends, find people in your area, or with interests similar to yours. There are endless possibilities. My suggestion to you is this...people are more likely to be interested in you as a person, not the business you are in. That being said...

  1. Build your MySpace page around who you are..what are you interested in? (Besides building your business...)
  2. If you try using the same story on your page as everyone else in your business is using, I will tell you right now, you are not fooling anyone. It most likely has been seen a million times over and personally, when I see the first line, I just move on.
  3. Essentially the best prospect anyone could ever have is someone that they already know. We trust people we know to give us the honest truth, right? Same thing applies here. Even if I have never actually met the person, I can tell who is being honestly sincere and who is just trying to get me to buy their products or join their team.
  4. Don't accept friend requests from every person that sends them to you. There could be benefits to having a large list of friends, but I don't want to be constantly bombarded with advertisements and such from people trying to get me to join them, etc. If someone sends me a request, and tells me why, then I am more likely to accept, if their page is about them more so than their biz opp.
  5. Put a link to your website on your page or a banner, whatever method you use, just don't overdo it with too many advertisements.

Overall, think of how you would feel, put your shoes in that of your prospects. What would interest you or catch your attention? Do you like to constantly have ads thrown in your face?

And last but not least...instead of trying to do things fast and easy, take your time and do it right. If you put the effort into it people will notice and you will get a much better response as a result.

You can visit my myspace page at www.myspace.com/cberney80 (And for anyone who thinks that they can't do it because they don't know how and it will take to long or it is too hard to learn...I had no idea what I was doing when I first started. I don't think it turned out so bad either.)


Source: Work at Home Facts

No comments:

Template designed by Butanido - 2007