Sunday, December 9, 2007

A Meme & 7 Things About Me

I was meme'd by Liz Fuller over at More Than We Know, a wonderful site she has created for Women Entrepreneurs. I had no idea what this meant exactly, but after a little bit of research, I found that it is simply being tagged by another. I have to admit it feels great knowing that I must be doing a little something right for others to notice me.

Now there are a few rules in regards to this meme...

  1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
  2. Share 7 facts about yourself.
  3. Tag 7 random people and include links to their blogs.
  4. Let each person know they have been tagged and comment on their blog.
Doesn't sound too difficult, or does it? Seven things about myself...that's a hard one. It did take me a few days to ponder my thoughts and try and come up with things that others may want to know about me. And well I have no idea what may interest all of you about me, but I will give it a go...

1.) I was a terrible teenager. I ran away from home, skipped school, did everything and anything possible as long as it was the exact opposite of what my mother allowed or wanted me to do. I knew exactly what I was doing and I knew it wasn't good for me, yet I continued to do it until I was finally forced to live with my father. That was in my junior year of high school, and even though I had skipped a good 16 months of school since 8th grade, I was still able to graduate as normal at the age of 17.

2.) I can't remember the last time I paid full price, or retail, for anything. I am a huge clearance rack shopper. I purchase all of the kids' clothes, shoes, toys, pretty much everything when it's on sale.

3.) My dream job when I grew up was to be a Bounty Hunter, or even just a Private Investigator. And even though I am a little embarrassed to admit it, I spent around $700 & roughly 15 months of my time, with a home-study type course in order to follow my dream.

4.) Organization is not a natural strength of mine. In fact, I grew up surrounded by people who never threw anything away. At my dad's house, we rarely saw the kitchen table as it was constantly covered with "stuff." I am consistently working towards making my life and my home more organized. In fact, last weekend we went through the kids' room and got rid of about 4 large trash bags of toys that they don't use & don't need, and we took them to a local shelter for homeless & abused women and children. It's amazing the difference it makes now that the kids' actually have a place to put the things they do use and are able to find them.

5.) I am terrible when it comes to exercise. I have had a membership at the local women's fitness place since March of 2006 and only used it for approximately 5 months combined. I signed a contract for 24 months, so I am paying my fees every single month, yet I still don't make myself get up and just go.

6.) I love learning new things. In fact, almost to a fault sometimes. I have a horrible habit of putting things off until the very last minute. This is also partly due to the fact that I constantly doubt myself a little bit and want to make sure I do the best that I can.

7.) Overall I am a very laid-back, easy going person. I don't usually yell & get upset. In fact, I do all I can to avoid confrontation & arguments. Most often people are going to believe what they choose to, regardless of what anyone else says, so why bother trying to change their minds. As long as I know that what I am doing is right, then that's all that matters.

So there you have it, 7 things about me. Now the next part of the meme is to choose 7 other people randomly and link to their blogs. I will simply choose some of my favorites, in no specific order.
  1. Table4Five
  2. Single WAHM
  3. Notes from a Wannabe WAHM
  4. Marketing Curve
  5. It's a Woman's World
  6. Super WAHM
  7. Busy Mom
I suggest you take a look at each of these blogs. Each one of them has their own special qualities and wisdom included. I have gained a ton of knowledge through each of them.

So there you have it. Now all I have left to do is let my poor victims know that they have been meme'd and hope for the best.
Source: Work at Home Facts

No comments:

Template designed by Butanido - 2007